Yesterday, I reviewed all of my June goals to see how I did. After checking in with myself I decided that I could definitely put a little more effort into them..
And then I thought about a few more..
So, July, I deem you my favorite summer month. We are going to make a lot of great things happen here. Are you ready?
Great, here we go.
- 15 mile long run: By the end of this month I want to have completed 15 miles feeling strong!
- Strength training twice a week: This means I have to know how to strength train so I’m going to buy the NRLFW book today!
- Pilates twice a week: Try pilates before a run that way you’ll be stretched out/ warmed a little before heading out.
- Ice bath: I’ve never done this before! After each long run I will try out an ice bath and see how I feel the next day. Runner’s swear by it for reducing muscle soreness and quicker recovery so I just have to try it out!
- Read 1 hour a day: In the morning, at night, in the afternoon.
- Make more delicious foods: There are tons of recipes that I have been wanting to try out!
- Try going gluten free for a day: I have read soo many positive things about a gf diet. While I don’t think I have any food allergies I would like to test it out and see if I feel any different.
- Try Kombucha! Again, I have heard about the benefits of this drink and just need to try it out. Hopefully, I don’t like it too much because this guy is pretty pricey!
- Search for internships for next summer: event planning, pr, marketing/advertising.. anything!
- Research study abroad programs: Right now I’m thinking Austrailia, or New Zealand but I think South America would be pretty amazing too.
- Girl Time: Relationships are important and I truly believe that is what life is all about is relationships. That being said I need to put more energy into mine. Maybe I don’t need to go out until 4am with the girls but I can totally schedule a lunch/dinner/run with them. I have month left of being semi-busy so I need to take advantage of the time I have!
Phew! That’s a lotta goals! I think these are all very doable though.
I already tried Kombucha and an ice bath..! So check those off my list!
11 miles ran this morning! It was hot but I did them 🙂 I’ll have to do a recap tomorrow over my long run for the week.
The rest of today will be spent eating these
Hillary’s Apple Buttermilk Pancakes
And a little of this: